DECEMBER 8TH FROM 6-9PM IN THE FIRESIDE ROOM
This family-fun event is perfect for a little healthy competition amongst family and friends! Details below for each competition. We are asking that you RSVP to this event and register for the Chili cook-off. You can do so by clicking the RSVP & Register button below.
Cost is $10 per Chili Cook-Off entry and $2 per person to eat and vote for the Chili Cook-Off. [Children 5 and under are free.]
We will also host a silent auction at this event, so come prepared to bid on these special items!
If you have any questions regarding this event, please feel free to contact April Eslick at April.Eslick@Heritagecc.net || 410.551.8500 ext 1260.
GINGERBREAD HOUSE COMPETITION
Each person/team/family will be given a 2-hour assembly and decoration time from 6:45-8:45pm. Voting and prizes awarded at 8:45pm.
What do I need to bring?
· Please bring your OWN Gingerbread House components or kits.
· Bring CANDY for your gingerbread house, and some to share.
· Bring a dessert to share. [Dinner and drinks will be provided. More information on "dinner" below in the Chili Cook-Off details.]
what are the rules?
We have 5 rules to ensure that the competition runs smoothly:
1. Houses & candies must be edible.
2. You must be able to move your House to the voting area upon completion to be considered for the competition.
3. Items for your houses including candies and gingerbread walls can be pre-made or store-bought; however gingerbread houses cannot be pre-assembled.
4. Houses must be made of gingerbread; any edible item is acceptable for decoration.
5. There is a 2-hour time limit for assembly and decoration.
Can I decorate more than one house? Can my kids participate?
The number of houses you create/decorate is up to you.. And yes, kids can compete in the competition as well. We love to see themed designs, and your house can be as big or as small as you would like. This is all about having fun!
How does the voting work?
Each person gets to vote for their favorites in each category; here are the CATEGORIES for the Competition:
Best Lawn Décor || Best Use of Candy || Best Theme || Most Lifelike || Most Creative Structure || Best OVERALL
*Certificates and a small prize will be awarded to each winner, and any design can only win one category.
what are the details?
We are accepting entries for the following types of chili: Red Chili, White Chili and Veggie Chili.
Chili Cook-off entry is $10/entry.
What are the rules?
1. One chili type entry per person.
2. Your chili should be in a crock-pot or equivalent to keep it warm until it is served. Please ensure that your chili provides for at least 8-10 servings.
3. Your chili will be shared for voting anonymously. We respectfully ask that if you know it's your chili, do not advertise it. We want the voting to be as anonymous and unbiased as possible. [Your chili will not be served in your original serving container in order to keep the chili's chef a secret.]
4. Please be prepared to provide the level of heat that comes with your chili.
5. Your chili must be at the church and registered at the drop-off location [Kitchen serving window in Fireside Room] by 5:50pm.
How does the voting work?
Voting will be done by purchasing tickets. You can purchase as many tickets as you would like and vote for your favorite chili's. Tickets are $1 each, or 6 tickets for $5.
Voting will take place throughout the evening. You can sample as many chilli's as you would like to, while supplies last. We won't be providing the antacid or beano, you're on your own there.